In 1939 the Adorers of the Blood of Christ opened the First Catholic home for the elderly in the Diocese of Lincoln.
The home of Joseph Schramek was remodeled to accommodate 14 guests.
In January 2003 the three and four bed wards were converted to deluxe semiprivate rooms,
making the total bed capacity of St. Joseph's Villa to its present 58 beds.
Updates to the facility continue to be made, in 2009 a new ramp and outdoor sitting area
was created. A new therapy room and activity area were developed in 2012.
Geothermal heating and cooling were installed for the Villa, allowing residents to set the temperture of their room.
Eight private rooms were created and existing private rooms were updated. In 2016
semi-private rooms were updated.
A personal and loving concern for each resident
and attention to good care, activities and decor
are hallmarks of St. Joseph's Villa and Court.